What to Expect
On this Athens Afternoon Sightseeing Tour our Professional Guide will present you The Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon or The Temple of Athena Parthenos (Athena the Virgin), The Erechtheum, The Theatre of Dionysus where all the famous dramas written by Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides were first performed, the impressive Herod Atticus’ Odeum.
During the guided tour at Acropolis of Athens you will be introduced to the mystery and the history of Parthenon – where a total of 2,675 tons of architectural members were restored, with 686 stones reassembled from fragments of the originals, 905 patched with new marble, and 186 parts made entirely of new marble. A total of 530 cubic meters of new Pentelic marble were used.
Your guide will narrate you of the Athenian democracy – which developed in the Ancient Greek City-State of Athens 3000 years ago – in the Pnix Hill where democracy was first born.
During this Athens Afternoon Sightseeing Tour you will have a full view of Athens City with its historical sites and monuments such as:
- Panathenaic Stadium (Kallimarmaro)
- National Picture Gallery
- Glass Runner
- Megaron Concert Hall
- National Archaeological Museum
- National Theatre
- Omonia Square
- Open Market
- National Historical Museum
- Syntagma Square
- Plaka Historical Area
- Downtown shopping center
- Flea Market
- St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Paul’s Anglican Church
- National Park (ex Royal Gardens)
- Monastiraki Square
- Greek Parliament (ex Royal Palace)
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones)
- Iliou Melathron Numismatic Museum
(H. Schliemann’s Home)
- St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece
- Academy of Arts & Letters
- University of Athens
- National Library
- Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace)
- Change of the Guards
- Zappio Congress
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Gate
- Dionysus Theatre
- Asclepieum Medical Center
- Herod Atticus Odeon
- Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill)
*Note: You have the chance to stay after the guided tour as long as you want and stroll around Plaka Historical Area and return to your hotel on your own or stay on the bus for immediate return to your hotel.
Pick Up Service
- Pick Up is available from the majority of Hotels in Athens City and suburbs.
During the booking procedure you can select the appropriate option.
- Please be at the pick up point 5 minutes before the Appointed Pick up Time