Discover Athens City Greatest Treasures Acropolis and Parthenon
On this Athens Afternoon Sightseeing Tour Discover Athens’ City greatest treasures which are the reflection of Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC. Admire Parthenon, and see the ancient monuments of the Propylaea gateway and stunning Temple of Athena Nike.
See Athens City from above as our Professional Guide leads you through the rich Greek history.
Explore most important sites of Athens City – the Greek Parliament at the Greek Parliament and the Panathenaic Stadium (Kallimarmaro), stage of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, the National Library, the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens City and the historical Temple of Olympian Zeus — a gigantic, semi-ruined edifice completed in the 2nd century AD…
What to Expect – Itinerary
On this Athens Afternoon Sightseeing Tour our Professional Guide will present you The Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, The Erechtheum, The Theater of Dionysus and the impressive Herod Atticus’ Odeum.
During the guided tour at Acropolis of Athens you will live the mystery and the history of Parthenon and the Birth of Democracy in the Pnix Hill.
During this Athens Afternoon Sightseeing Tour you will have a full view of Athens City with its historical sites and monuments such as:
- Panathenaic Stadium (Kallimarmaro)
- Omonia Square
- National Historical Museum
- Old Parliament
- Syntagma Square
- Plaka Historical Area
- Downtown shopping center
- St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Paul’s Anglican Church
- National Park (ex Royal Gardens)
- Greek Parliament (ex Royal Palace)
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones)
- Iliou Melathron Numismatic Museum
- H. Schliemann’s Home
- St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece
- Academy of Arts & Letters
- University of Athens
- National Library
- Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace)
- Change of the Guards
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Gate
- Dionysus Theater
- Asclepieum Medical Center
- Herod Atticus Odeon
- Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill)
*Note: You have the chance to stay after the guided tour as long as you want and stroll around Plaka Historical Area and return to your hotel on your own or stay on the bus for immediate return to your hotel.